Empower Yourself – Nourish Your Soul
Instead of making goals for your business or material needs, why not set some soul intentions for the well being of YOU, your spirit.
I read it somewhere and thought: "what a splendid idea". So what's the difference between soul intentions and other intentions, or life goals?
For example most intentions or resolutions are kind of competitive. We want to make more money, do more work, be better at something, look better for others, in short have more and be more.
Soul intentions are about our soul needs, which is: more love, more compassion, more forgiveness and more acceptance.
Below are my soul intentions and if you don’t know what yours are, please borrow some of mine…………………………soul needs are universal🙂
- I will do things that make me happy
- I will float in hot water as much as I can
- I will get at least one massage per month
- I will eat food that nourishes my body
- I will walk and go to the gym
- Sometimes I will allow myself a burger, bacon and eggs and a cookie
- I will find a spiritual group and 12 step meetings in Germany
- I will connect more with real people in life
- I will be creative
- I will accept and love my parents and kids just the way they are, even when they annoy me.
- I will be aware of what I do and how I react
- I do whatever I can to be kind and of service to others
- I will do the things I need to do even when it scares the hell out of me.
Ok, I’m overdoing it, but this is what I need to do in order to be content. Most of the items are incorporated into my life already, so it does not feel like “oh my god I have to do all this”. No it’s how I love to live my life. My life is a spiritual practice and sometimes it’s all great and sometimes it’s the pits, but its ok.
Sometimes everything is easy and flows like a miracle and the next day nothing flows. I’m learning that if I don’t get so attached to the good days, it’s not so hard to not get attached to the "not so good days". It’s all just energy, good, bad, negative, positive vibration.
It is very important to not make important decisions when angry, tired or disconnected. Self care is improving your connection to your life force and the more you take care of your body mind and spirit needs, the better you will feel.
We live in a world where stress, workaholism and self abuse is awarded. So it’s time to undo the damage and incorporate play, fun and some serious "self indulgance" into life.
Some simple tips how you can do it:
- Do some lovingkindness meditation
- Create a vision board
- Keep a journal and write down your soul intentions
- Create a ceremony about giving your vows to your soul intentions
Place your vision board or a poster board with your written intentions, where you can see it. You will notice that the more you will take care of your needs, the happier you will be. This in turn will attract more of the same energy into your life. It’s a miracle, it truly is. Make a commitment to yourself!
A simple lovingkindness meditation for you from Jack Kornfield.
May I be filled with lovingkindness.
May I be safe from inner and outer dangers.
May I be well in body and mind.
May I be at ease and happy.
May you be filled with lovingkindness.
May you be safe from inner and outer dangers.
May you be well in body and mind.
May you be at ease and happy
What have you noticed when you take care of your needs and you nourish your soul? Please leave a comment 🙂